Resident Evil (2026) review
Video game adaptations are a dime a dozen these days as I'm sure I've said countless times over the years on this blog. With that being said something about this version of Resident Evil felt different once it was announced that Director and writer Zach Cregger was involved. A self proclaimed fan of the game series at the helm? telling his own little story in the universe the games are set in? I'm sold and instantly I was sold again as right off the bat Resident Evil delivers a unique, quirky and at times hilarious romp befitting of it's visceral nature.
Zach Cregger's previous two movies being Barbarian and Weapons I was never truly skeptical about him turning Resident Evil into something it's not and now after seeing it I have to say that he gets it he just really does. Easter eggs litter the screen almost frame after frame from first aid sprays to scavaging for bullets it's all here and done so expertly. Austin Abarams stars as a courier tasked with delivering a top class object to a hospital set directly in the middle of Raccoon City. What follows is a night he'd like to forget as we follow him from one disaster to the next it's all brilliantly shot, told and really feels like you're along for the whole thing with POV shots from the barrell of guns impactful jump scares and very unique monster designs.
Resident Evil is a blast it really is. It needs to be seen on the biggest screen possible and further cements Zach Cregger as one of the best Director's working today. It's a love letter to the video game series all culminating in a movie that feels less an adaptation and more so of a side story that is happen simulataneously as the video game series begins. Resident Evil is pretty much flawless way of changing a video game adaptation and is one of my favorite movies of the entire year thus far. Infectious to the core.
★★★★★

Comments
Post a Comment